Synchronising external e-mails manually
Synchronize important e-mails individually from your mailbox into the FundraisingBox without having to copy the text manually. As an option, you can even have a task created directly in the FundraisingBox. Below we have shown how this can be accomplished.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Good to know
- Synchronized emails are automatically saved as an e-mail note by the relevant contact, provided the e-mail address is already stored in the FundraisingBox.
- If this is not the case, a contact will be created automatically using the existing e-mail provider data. Please check subsequently whether the data entered is correct.
- For a successful synchronization, the heading containing the values for From (or "Von") is necessary when forwarding (this is ususally added automatically by most e-mail programs when forwarding).
---------- Weitergeleitete Nachricht ----------
Von: Max Mustermann <email@example.com>
Datum: 2017-03-28 10:42
Betreff: Spendenaktion Starten
An: Beate Beispiel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Max Mustermann <email@example.com>
Date: March 28, 2017 at 10:42
Subject: Spendenaktion Starten
To: Beate Beispiel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- If the header does not contain a date and time, the data is recorded using the time of forwarding.
- Anything above the heading, as well as information in the subject line such as "FW:" will be removed automatically.
- Click on your image/user icon in the top right and select My Profile.
- In the overview to the right, click on E-mail synchronisation.
- Copy your secret FundraisingBox e-mail address.
- Optional: If you are not going to be forwarding from your FundraisingBox login address, please enter the additional approved sender e-mail addresses and then click on save.
- Open up your e-mail program and click on forward by the desired message.
- In the TO-field paste your secret FundraisingBox e-mail address.
- After sending the e-mail successfully it can take a few minutes before this is viewable by the relevant contact.
Warning: It is important that this e-mail address remains secret and is not sent, for example in CC, when answering e-mails. If you wish to forward an answer to your FundraisingBox that you are sending externally, be sure to put the secret address in BCC.
If a task is to be created for the forwarded e-mail, you can have one created directly in the FundraisingBox. When forwarding, you simply supplement your secret FundraisingBox e-mail address as follows:
- fb12345678910 +task @mail.fundraisingbox.com = Task created with no responsible user
- fb12345678910 +task-me @mail.fundraisingbox.com = Task created will be automatically registered to your own user account.
Note: Tasks that are created from an e-mail synchronization by 5 p.m. are due by 6 p.m. the same day, other at 12 noon the following day.